Before completing the Adoption Application please read the information below.
Thank you for your interest in adopting a Basset Hound (or Bloodhound) from Arizona Basset Hound Rescue. Arizona Basset Hound Rescue is an ALL-volunteer organization with no physical location where the dogs are located. All dogs are fostered by our awesome foster home volunteers in their private home.
You will be contacted regarding your application after AZBHR has had a chance to review it. Applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Please be patient, as sometimes the process can take longer than usual depending on other rescue activities.
Please review the following before completing the application:
- A minimum adoption fee of $100-$250, depending on the age of the dog, is required, payable at time of adoption. All dogs are spayed/neutered and vaccinated prior to adoption.
- Age 0 to 4 $250
- Age 5 to 8 $200
- Age 9 or older $100
Effective September 1st 2013 - Adoption Fee Price Increase
- Age 0 to 4 $300
- Age 5 to 8 $250
- Age 9 or older $150
- Previous adopters receive a 10% discount. If you are adopting a bonded pair they are 25% discount. Please keep in mind the adoption fee is a fee and not a donation to the rescue.
- Please note that homes with an unfenced swimming pool must NOT allow free access (have a doggie door) to the yard where the pool is located. AZBHR will NOT place a dog in your home unless provisions are made that the access to outside through the doggie door is fenced so there is no access to the pool.
- Please note that the dog you request may not be available at the time of your approval and adoption. However, we have many wonderful dogs in need of loving homes. Many of the dogs are not on the website as they may be in the process their two-week evaluation. Don’t wait to find the perfect Basset Hound on the website, but apply now and get approved to start the process of finding your new family member.
- Adopting a Basset is a great responsibility. For up to 15 years or so, you will be sharing your life with a Basset who is totally dependent upon you for food, shelter, clean up, and veterinary care. This involves a financial commitment.